Unemployment va

Unemployment va DEFAULT

View the latest changes to the benefits application process along with VEC office closings, FAQ's, pertinent news releases and links to other helpful sites on our COVID-19 Resources page.


For Unemployed...

Contact a VEC Office

Send a message to your nearest VEC Office.

For Job Seekers...

Contact a VEC Office

For Veterans...

If you would like to know more about Virginia's Veteran Program or our partnerships, please contact Robert Walker, Chief, Veteran Services at veteran.services@vec.virginia.gov.

For Employers...

Employers can contact the VEC here.

State Monitor Advocate Contact

Any complaints relating to the provision of services to employers should be sent to:
State Monitor Advocate 

VEC Central Office

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 26441 
Richmond, VA 23261-6441

For TTY* Callers: Virginia Relay, Call 711 or 800-828-1120.

* NOTE: Virginia Relay enables people who are deaf, hard of hearing, Deaf/Blind, or speech disabled to communicate by TTY (text telephone).

Contact the VEC Webmaster

This form is for reporting a technical issue with the VEC website, and not for business purposes.

Sours: https://www.vec.virginia.gov/contact

View the latest changes to the benefits application process along with VEC office closings, FAQ's, pertinent news releases and links to other helpful sites on our COVID-19 Resources page.


You can also view this video in:

The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) administers the unemployment compensation program that provides temporary financial assistance to individuals who become unemployed through no fault of their own.  Benefits are paid through taxes on employers covered under the Virginia Unemployment Compensation Act.  No part of the cost of your unemployment benefits is deducted from your earnings.

Basic Steps to Qualify for State Unemployment Benefits

(click to learn more)

Filing Your Initial Claim

You can file your initial claim by calling 1-866-832-2363.

Continuing/Weekly Claims

It is your responsibility to file your weekly continued claim on time, each week, while you are receiving benefits. Please understand, filing your weekly claim is different than the initial claim. You will use the online portal to file the weekly claim or call the interactive voice response number.

Contact Information Changes

If your contact information changes at any time, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately at: 1-866-832-2363 or complete the name/address change form: Instructions | Form.

Text Telephone Relay/TTY Callers

For TTY Callers: Virginia Relay, Call 711 or 1-800-828-1120
Virginia Relay enables people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf/blind, or speech disabled to communicate by TTY (text telephone).

Important Information Regarding Your Claim

Special Circumstance Information and Forms

These forms are to be used only after being directed to do so by a VEC representative.

Other Resources

Sours: https://www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed
  1. Norco fluid for sale
  2. Capital one ux designer salary
  3. Apartment rentals ft myers fl
  4. Who is the army g2
  5. Entry level event planner

If you are totally or partially unemployed and wish to apply for benefits, call the VEC Customer Contact Center or complete an on-line application on the Internet. The Customer Contact Center telephone number is 1-866-832-2363 (Available 8:15am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Closed Sunday and state holidays.) The Internet address is  www.vec.virginia.gov. The addresses and telephone numbers for VEC Workforce Centers can be found in the phone book, or at the VEC website.

You will be asked to supply the name, address and telephone number of your last employer (and, in some cases, previous employers), your dates of employment, and the reason for separation.

You will be asked to select your electronic payment method for receipt of your benefits. You can select either direct deposit or a debit card.  For direct deposit you will need your bank account and routing numbers.  After you file your application for benefits, the VEC will decide whether you meet three separate requirements: 1) Monetary eligibility; 2) Separation qualification; and 3) Weekly eligibility.

Monetary Eligibility

In order to qualify for benefits, you must have earned enough wages in covered employment during the base period. The amount of wages you earned will determine your weekly benefit amount and the maximum number of weeks (12 to 26 weeks) to which you will be entitled.  Benefit computation tables are available on the VEC website.  You will receive a Monetary Determination that contains your base period earnings, weekly benefit amount and the maximum number of weeks you may receive benefits. Monetary entitlement lasts one year from the effective date of your claim, or until the benefits exhaust, whichever comes first.

Review your monetary determination carefully.  If you feel the wages shown for your base period are incorrect, you may call the VEC Customer Contact Center at 1-866-832-2363 (Available 8:15am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday and 9am to 1pm Saturday. Closed Sunday and state holidays.) and provide information to correct the wages.  You will be asked to fax or mail proof of correct wages (W-2s, pay stubs) to the number or address provided by the Customer Contact Center.  Be sure to keep your monetary determination because it shows your base period information.

Q: How do I know if I have enough wages to qualify?

A: When you file your application for benefits through the Customer Contact Center, your wages will be discussed with you.  Regardless of how you file your application for benefits, you will be mailed a monetary determination that contains the wages you earned in covered employment during the base period. You must have been paid a minimum specified amount in two combined quarters of your base period.

Q: What amount of benefits will I receive and for how long?

A: Your monetary determination will show the amount of your weekly benefits and the number of weeks you may be eligible to receive the benefits.  It also contains the benefit year ending date. Your weekly benefit amount is determined by the two quarters with highest earnings reported during the base period.

Your total wages earned and reported during the base period determine the maximum benefit amount. Once you establish a claim that reflects all earnings in covered employment during your base period, the amount you qualify for remains the same for one year and is available to you until your maximum benefit amount or your benefit year is exhausted, whichever comes first.

Q: What is the base period?

A: The base period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the effective date of your claim. The effective date of your claim is the Sunday of the week in which you file your application for benefits. The chart that follows illustrates the base period in relation to the effective date of the claim.

 (You can go here to figure your base period)


Effective Date of ClaimBase Period
Current YearPrevious
Last YearThis Year



Claimants not qualifying for benefits under the standard base period may do so under an alternate base period.

Q: What is an alternate base period?

A: Claimants who did not earn sufficient wages during the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters may have earned the necessary amount in the alternate base period, the last four completed calendar quarters. The minimum qualifying amount is the same for both periods. Claimants cannot choose which base period they wish to use. The alternate base period can only be used if the claimant cannot qualify with the standard base period.

Q: What if my wages are correct but insufficient to qualify?

A: When you receive your monetary determination, review it carefully to see if it:

  1. Omits an employer for whom you worked during the base period;
  2. Omits some of the wages you earned during the base period;
  3. Lists any employers for whom you did not work during the base period;
  4. Lists any earnings amount incorrectly.

If a correction is necessary, request a redetermination from the VEC Customer Contact Center.

If an employer or wages are incorrect or omitted, you must provide the name and address and some evidence of your earnings such as W-2 forms or pay check stubs. Once these wages have been validated, your weekly benefit amount will be adjusted to reflect the correct wages and you will be issued a payment to cover any amount due for the weeks of benefits that have paid.

Q: May I use wages earned in other states to establish a claim?

A: Yes. Wages earned in other states can be used to establish a claim in one of two ways.

  1. You file a claim against the other state if you have earned enough wages in that state to qualify for benefits. This is known as an Interstate Claim; or,
  2. You request that the wages earned in other states be transferred to Virginia and “combined” to qualify for benefits. Be sure to tell the VEC representative if you have worked in another state.

Only those out-of-state earnings that have not been used on a prior claim will transfer to Virginia. Wages earned overseas also may be used if you worked for a U.S. company.  The state where the company is headquartered is the state to which the wages are reported.

Q: What is a “double-dip” claim?

A:  If you drew benefits during a prior benefit year and have not performed services on 30 different days or 240 hours for one covered employer since the beginning of that prior benefit year, you may monetarily qualify for a new benefit year, but you will not be eligible to draw those benefits until you have 30 different days or 240 hours of covered employment and are subsequently unemployed through no fault of your own.

Separation Qualification

Even though you may have enough earnings to qualify, there are circumstances that may prevent you from receiving unemployment benefits.  If you are unemployed for any reason other than lack of work, it is necessary to gather the facts concerning your separation from employment and render a written determination regarding eligibility.

Q: How are these facts gathered?

A: You give your reason for being unemployed when you file your application for benefits. This information along with a questionnaire is sent to your former employer for completion. It will be necessary for a Deputy, sometimes referred to as a Hearings Officer, to talk with you about your separation from work. You and your employer will be scheduled for a telephonic interview. You have the right to know and comment on any information provided by your employer.  The Deputy will make a decision whether you are qualified to receive benefits based on the facts gathered surrounding your reason for separation.

This decision will be included in a Notice of Deputy’s Determination that will be sent to you and your employer. You will be disqualified if the Deputy finds that you:

  1. Quit your job or are on leave of absence without good cause; or
  2. Were fired or suspended from your job for misconduct in connection with your work.

Q: What if I disagree with the Notice of Deputy’s Determination?

A: If you disagree with the determination, you may appeal it.  Your employer also has the right to appeal. For additional information on the appeal process, refer to the section in this handbook concerning Appeals.

If you decide to appeal the determination, while your appeal is pending, it is very important that you continue to look for work, report those contacts when you file your weekly request for payment of benefits, and file your requests for payment on time.  If you do not file your weekly requests for payment while an appeal is pending, you may be ineligible for benefits for those weeks if the Deputy’s determination is overturned.

Weekly Eligibility

Each week you claim benefits, you must be able to perform work, be available for work while placing no undue restrictions on your availability, and be actively seeking work.  In addition, you must accept all offers of suitable work, be registered for work with the Virginia Workforce Connection  (VWC) accept any VEC referrals to work, report to the VEC when directed to do so, and report income from any source.

Q: What is an active search for work?

A: An active search for work means that you must make two (2) or more job contacts each week in your effort to find work unless instructed otherwise by the VEC.  You must be able to provide the VEC, when requested, with information about each employer or company you contact.

You must conduct an active work search and report job contacts even when you work part-time and earn less than your weekly benefit amount.

Just looking through newspaper want ads by employers or looking at postings on the Internet is not acceptable.  Additionally, because the Virginia Unemployment Compensation Act requires that claimants provide the name of employers contacted for work, blind ads are not acceptable.

Certain occupations require the use of resume’s as the usual and customary means of soliciting work. If you have one of these occupations, faxing, mailing, and E-mailing résumés to prospective employers will be acceptable in lieu of personally contacting employers. The VEC has also made the decision to permit telephone calls as an allowable method of making work search contacts.  If the employer indicates applications are being taken when you make the call, be sure you complete the application process before reporting this contact on your weekly claim.

If you are a member of a union that has a local hiring hall, please inform the VEC representative who takes your application for benefits or report it on your on-line application where requested. Your work search requirements will be explained to you at the time you apply for benefits.

As the length of unemployment increases, you are expected to expand your methods of seeking work. You also should be willing to include other occupations for which you are qualified as a result of prior training or experience.

If you do not make any, or only one, job contact during your weekly work search, you may be denied benefits. It is strongly recommended that you keep a personal written record of your work search job contacts to assist you if the need arises or you are asked by the VEC to provide the job contact information for work search verification.

Q: Is anybody going to check or verify my work search?

A: All job contacts are subject to verification.  If your information concerning any job contact is false, you can be disqualified from receiving benefits for at least one year or longer if the benefits are not repaid in full by the end of the disqualifying period.

Q: What if the VEC refers me to a job?

A: Periodically the VEC may refer you to a job. If you are referred by the VEC, you must contact the employer to whom you are referred using the method as directed by the VEC.  You may count the job referral as one of your required work search job contacts for the week if you visit the employer to whom you were referred.

Q: What happens if I refuse a job offer or VEC referral?

A: If you refuse a job offer, you will be contacted by the VEC to provide additional information. The VEC then will determine if the work was suitable, and if so whether you had good cause to refuse the job offer.  If the job was suitable and you did not have good cause to refuse it, you may be disqualified from receiving benefits beginning with the Sunday of the week in which such refusal occurred.

If you fail, without good cause, to apply for suitable work when referred by the VEC, you may be disqualified starting with the Sunday of the week in which refusal occurred. The VEC determines whether the referral was to suitable work.

Q: What is suitable work?

A: Many factors are taken into consideration in determining whether work is suitable, such as your previous work experience, physical and mental fitness, risk to your health, safety, or morals, and the distance from your home to the job site.  You must report all job offers that you decline when you file your weekly request for payment of benefits.

Q: How much can I earn and still receive benefits?

A: If the gross, not net, wages you earned are less than your weekly benefit amount, you may receive unemployment benefits.  However, the amount of gross wages that is over $50 will be deducted from your weekly benefit amount. If your weekly gross earnings are equal to or more than your weekly benefit amount, you will not be paid any unemployment benefits for that week.

Q: What if I receive severance pay, vacation pay, sickness and accident benefits, or holiday pay? A: Severance, vacation, sickness and accident benefits, or holiday pay that you receive may be deducted from your weekly benefit amount in the same manner as actual earnings in any week for which it is payable.  You will be notified if these benefits or pay affect your weekly benefit amount.

Q: What if I receive a pension, retirement, etc.?

A: Your benefits may be reduced by the weekly amount of any pension, retirement, etc. that you receive from your most recent employer of 30 days or 240 hours or more or from any employer in the base period of your claim. You will be asked to provide the amount and source of any pension when you apply for benefits. Failure to report any changes in your pension, such as cost of living increases on your weekly request for payment of benefits may result in an overpayment of benefits that you would be liable to repay.

Q: What if I attend school or a training program?

A: Make sure you report any classes you are taking during weeks claimed.  You may receive benefits while attending school depending upon the course of study and the required attendance each week.  If you wish to attend school or a training program to improve your employment possibilities, you need to request approval in advance from the VEC. The VEC determines if your training is approved and will advise you of your work search requirements while you are in school or training.

Q: What if there is a question about my weekly eligibility?

A: You will be notified to call the VEC for an interview.  If you are held ineligible for benefits you will receive a Notice of Deputy’s Determination explaining why. If you disagree with the determination, you must file an appeal by the date shown on the notice.  Refer to the section entitled Appeal Rights – Filing an Appeal in this handbook.  It is very important that you continue to look for work, to report those contacts when filing your weekly request(s) for payment of benefits, and to file your weekly requests for payment on time while the appeal is pending.  Failure to do so may result in a denial of benefits for weeks that are not timely filed.

Q: If I receive a letter or telephone call to call or report to the VEC, what should I do?

A: Call or report when you are scheduled to do so. If you do not, you may not be paid unemployment benefits for the week you are scheduled to call or report.  If you cannot call or report for any reason, call ahead of the scheduled time to explain the circumstances.

Sours: https://www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed/Claimant-Handbook/Claimant-Handbook/Applying-for-Benefits
Filing for Unemployment Insurance Benefits

Welcome to the Virginia Employment Commission Workforce Services Unemployment Insurance claim filing system. In order to file for Unemployment Insurance (UI) you must have been separated from your employer or have had your hours reduced.

You should not attempt to file a Virginia claim if:

  • Your last employer was a federal civilian employer in a state other than Virginia (you must file your claim against the state in which you last worked).   The only exception is if you worked as a federal civilian overseas.
  • Your employment within the last 18 months was performed in a state or states other than Virginia.
    View the "Out-of-State" telephone list

You will need the following information to file your claim:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • The accurate employer names, addresses, telephone numbers and dates of employment within the last 18 months.
  • The name and local number of your local union hall, if you obtain work through a union.
  • Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a US citizen.
  • If you have any Non-Virginia employers you must have an accurate mailing address, phone number, and dates of employment for them.
  • You will be asked to select a method of payment: VA Debit Card or Direct Deposit. If you select Direct Deposit, you will need to have your Routing Number (First 9 digits located at the bottom of your checks) and your Account Number (5-17 digits, its exact location and number of digits varies from bank to bank).

If you do not have this information available, please gather it before you begin to file your claim. This site is available seven days a week. The filing process takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. Please allow enough time to complete this process.


Important Information Concerning Your Account for Online Unemployment Insurance (UI) Services

What is changing and how does that affect me?

You have established a claim for Unemployment Insurance benefits with the Virginia Employment Commission. If you filed on line, your account would have been established through vawc.virginia.gov

This notice is to advise you of a change in our online UI claim process. Your claim for unemployment insurance is still on file with the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) but you will have to take certain steps to continue and maintain online access to your claim.

  1. You should register through the new UI site.  This online portal can be accessed by visiting https://web.getgov2go.com/

    Question: Will I need to establish an account with Gov2Go in order to file my weekly claims on line?
    Answer: Yes, You will need to have a Gov2Go account to file a regular UI weekly claim for benefits on line. You may also utilize the automated voice response system by dialing 1-800-897-5630 and follow the prompts. You will need your social security number and personal identification number (PIN).

    Question: I already created a Gov2Go account when I filed for other programs such as PEUC, EB or PUA. Will I have to establish another Gov2Go account?
    Answer: No, You will not need to establish a new Gov2Go account. Your log on credentials for Gov2Go will still be valid.
  2. Use your new Gov2Go account to file weekly unemployment insurance claims (UI) online as long as you remain unemployed or by calling 1-800-897-5630. You will no longer access your UI weekly claim through the Virginia Workforce Connection site. ** However, you should continue to utilize VAWC.virginia.gov to conduct an active search for employment.
  3. If you have questions about your claim you should call the VEC at 1-866-832-2363

The information you provide when filing your claim is kept confidential. This confidential Unemployment Compensation (UC) information may be requested and utilized for other governmental purposes, including, but not limited to, verification of eligibility for other governmental programs. The Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) will only contact you on matters that directly concern your unemployment insurance claim. You are entering a secure site.

Auxiliary Aids and Services

Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.

Virginia Relay Center (VRC)

The Virginia Relay Center (VRC) provides telecommunications relay services to the Commonwealth of Virginia. Text Telephone (TTY) or Telecommunications for the Deaf (TDD) users can access the VRC by calling 1-800-828-1120.

File your Initial or Weekly / Continued Claim

By Phone...

  • To file a new claim by telephone, call toll free, Monday - Friday between 8:15am and 4:30pm and between 9am and 1pm on Saturday (closed state holidays) 1-866-832-2363
  • To file a weekly claim by telephone, call toll free 1-800-897-5630

Weekly Claim Online...

Or Download the App...
download Apple Store app   download app from Google Play


Sours: https://www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed/online-services/apply-for-unemployment-benefits

Va unemployment

She began to object so strangely, embracing me with both arms: What are you, she whispers in my ear, shes my sister, how can you. You probably cheat on her all the time. Dog. And she, by the way, continues to cuddle up to me, already with her whole body. I, of course, try to achieve rehabilitation of myself in her eyes, at the same time, the girl, as I can, reassure: What are you, I love her, my Svetochka.

How to File Your Initial Unemployment Claim

He looked happy; Stacey immediately noticed the cum on his lips. Maybe another in her place would have felt disgust, but Stacey was even more turned on. She hugged him and kissed him on the.

Similar news:

I wandered here and there in the lobby, waiting for Yulka and getting confused in my own thoughts. A familiar blue car parked near the entrance and Yulia fluttered out of it. As she walked to the entrance, I looked at her through the window: she was wearing skinny jeans and a light blouse that beautifully fitted her.

High breasts.

478 479 480 481 482