Book your practical driving test online
You only need to log into the service if you’re a large vehicle or large driving school operator that has signed an agreement with the DVA.
The original Critical Worker application process closed on 5 October If your application was successful you will have been awarded critical/ key worker status.
The DVA is working with the Department of Health on some priority applications.
The scheme is only for key workers who need to drive for their work and whose jobs are ancillary to medical, health or social care services or where there is threat to life.
If you are a critical worker and you meet the above requirements, your employer must contact the DVA and identify staff in these priority groups. The DVA will then try to make priority appointments for both theory and practical driving tests.
The DVA will not consider any applications that do not meet the above criteria.
The DVA provides facilities for candidates with special needs or physical disabilities.
If you are deaf, have severe hearing problems, are restricted in your movements, or have any disability that may affect your driving, call the number below to book a suitable appointment.
When you book your test, let the operator know that you're calling about a ‘Driving test for a candidate with a disability’, and tell them if you:
- are deaf or have severe hearing difficulties
- are in any way restricted in your movements
- have any physical disability
No matter how serious your disability might be, you will still take the same driving test as every other test candidate. However, more time may be allowed for the test. This is to allow the examiner to talk to you about your disability and any adaptations fitted to your vehicle.
Book by phone
You can book the practical driving test for a private car or motorcycle by phone. Lines are open from am to pm Monday to Friday. Calls are charged at local rate.
You don't need an application form but it is advisable to have your provisional driving licence, your theory test certificate and credit or debit card details handy when making the call.
Northern Ireland residency
If you want to take a theory or practical driving test in Northern Ireland (NI), you must be normally resident in Northern Ireland. If you have a GB provisional licence and want to take a motorcycle, car, bus or lorry theory test in NI, before booking your test you'll need to complete a residency declaration form and send it to DVA with proof you're resident in Northern Ireland.
A stakeholder information pack is available to download for ADIs, AMIs and candidates at:
An easy way to study boring stuff
How It Works
Read the Driver's Manual
We provide the most recent version online, but you can also download the PDF file to study offline and on the go.
Take engaging practice tests
They cover every section of the driver's manual and literally "over-prepare" you, so the official exam will seem easy.
Take the Exam Simulator
Designed to feel just like the official exam, the Exam Simulator generates a new set of questions every time you restart it.
Pass your official DMV test
Once you've practiced enough, make an appointment at the DMV. You'll be ready to pass the official exam the first time!
nationwide survey statistics
Practice tests that help you pass your DMV knowledge test faster and more effectively
Based on your state's laws
Questions nearly identical to those on the actual test
Each state has slightly different driving laws, so don't settle for generic practice tests. Most of our questions are unique for each U.S. state.
Accurate & up-to-date
Prepare using accurate, up-to-date questions based on your state's official handbook and traffic laws.
Just like the real driver's license test
We take facts directly from the handbook and create practice test questions similar (often identical) to those you'll see on the actual driver's license test.
A smarter way to prepare
A perfect companion to the DMV manual
Study 73% more effectively
The DMV handbook isn’t written to promote rapid learning. There are just too many things to remember all at once. Study at a much faster pace by taking challenging tests that correct you in real time.
Learn from your mistakes
See the correct answer for each question immediately, along with a detailed, in-depth explanation so you can understand the reasoning behind it. We'll even praise you for being right.
Retest on the complicated questions
Some questions need more of your attention than the others. Ever noticed how you can't remember a particular speed limit or fine? Driving-Tests is the only US practice test website with Challenge Bank™. It automatically stores the questions you miss, so you can attack them later. You'll be sure you get them right on your official exam.
Know what to expect
Knowledge test prep with guidance, not guesswork
Structured like the actual DMV test
Same number of questions, same passing score. You'll know what to expect on the big test day.
Lose the fear of the unknown
When the time comes, you'll stride right into the DMV, thinking, "Bring it!" – confident like LeBron James dunking the ball.
Study more when you're motivated
Stay motivated with little suggestions or compliments that encourage you to study more.
Practice while having fun
Driver's Ed, gamified
What if we told you that you could enjoy studying for your driving test? We make it seem like a game, keeping you sharp and interested.
Don't study - play
You won't even notice you're studying most of the time: you'll just want to keep "playing" until you pass all the practice tests, as you're learning everything you need for the DMV test.
Practice offline & on the go
Our free apps keep you on your toes and make the real test seem easy. They provide the same state-specific DMV practice test questions that we have on our website.
Compare Driving-Tests.org to other sites
|Official Gov. Site||Other Practice Test Sites||Driving-Tests.org|
|Free & Registration-Free||Yes||Varies||Yes|
|Multiple Practice Tests||Varies||Yes, but only tests||Yes (10+ tests)|
|Driver's Manuals||Yes, most recent||Yes, but often outdated||Yes, most recent|
|State-Specific||Yes||No (only generic tests)||Yes|
|License-Specific||Yes||No||Yes (car, motorcycle, CDL)|
|Multiple Languages||Varies||No||Yes (EN, ES, RU)|
|Driver License FAQ||Yes||No||Yes (+ questions)|
|Question-Level Feedback||No (only for the whole test)||No (only for the whole test)||Yes, for each question|
|Hints & Explanations||No||No||Yes|
|Multiple Difficulty Levels||No||No||Yes (Easy, Hard, Expert)|
- Driving test definition
- A driving test (also known as a driving exam, or a driver's test) is a procedure designed to evaluate a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle such as a passenger car, motorcycle, or commercial vehicle. In the United States, passing a driving test is usually one of the requirements for obtaining a driver license. The administration of driving tests and the issuance of driver licenses are typically the responsibility of the state government’s DMV. The driving test usually consists of two parts: a written knowledge test ("DMV written test") with multiple choice questions to evaluate a person's knowledge of driving-related rules and laws, and a practical behind-the-wheel test (sometimes called a road test or skill test) to assess the person's ability to drive safely. The written test covers the information found in the official Driver License Manual, including road rules, traffic laws and signs, fines, limits, and safe driving practices.
- Things to remember
- Know your car. The car you're using for your test should be familiar to you, and not one that you're sitting in for the first time. You'll want to know where the controls are for everything from the lights to the windshield wipers, so you aren't frantically searching if it starts raining. The way each car's brake and gas pedals react can be different, so knowing how sensitive these are can help you avoid braking or accelerating too aggressively or too slowly.
- Get plenty of practice. Like anything else, learning how to be a good driver takes lots of time behind the wheel practicing. There are things you'll learn while driving that you just can't get from reading, so it's important to log plenty of time at the wheel.
- Prepare and adapt to anything. Whether it's weather conditions, an ambulance coming down the road or any other situation that could happen, you should be mentally prepared to adapt and adjust accordingly. The only true way to do this is get in those hours of practice driving, and trying to do so in a variety of weather conditions. Only getting out to drive on beautiful, sunny days will only work against you if your test lands on a rainy, overcast day.
- Pay attention to driving. It sounds obvious enough, but it's easy to get distracted by what the evaluator is doing. Trying to sneak a peek at what they're writing down or their facial expressions is not a good idea, if you're hoping to walk out of there a licensed driver. Paying attention to the road, and what's happening around you is the best way to ensure that whatever the examiner is writing down is positive – and you can read all of that once your test is over anyway. Leave everything else at the door, and give your full attention to the task at hand. Whether it's schoolwork or other things happening in your life, it needs to be temporarily put to the back of your mind.
- Safe driving tips:
- Drive the speed limit and maintain a constant speed.
- Obey all road signs that you see.
- Steer smoothly. Hold onto the steering wheel with both hands at all times.
- Follow at a safe distance - use the 3 second rule.
- Don’t stop too closely to the vehicle in front of you when you need to come to a stop. As a general rule, you should be able to see the tires of the car in front of you.
- Do not cross solid lines as this will result in an instant and automatic fail.
- Always look over your shoulder before changing lanes and be sure to use your blinker.
- Only change lanes when you are absolutely certain that it is safe. If your test administrator asks you to change lanes, make sure that it is safe first.
- Watch for school buses. If the bus is pulled over to the side of the road and their lights are flashing, do not pass.
- Use your turn signals. It helps let other drivers know what you are planning on doing. Make sure that you turn your turn signal on plenty of time before you are actually going to turn.
What our users are saying
Over , aspiring American drivers use Driving-Tests.org daily
This site definitely works. I practiced their questions for 24 hours. Went through each practice test then jumped into a bus to Santa Monica, California DMV. I passed the drivers test the first time; while the majority walked out with their faces down.
Did my test yesterday and passed both the DMV test and driving test. Thank God for this site, I studied all the practice tests and that’s the reason I passed. This is better than a cheat sheet, time for my behind-the-wheel exam now!
I found out that my DMV test was going to be in five days and found this site with a simple google search. The tests were pretty helpful in familiarizing myself with the manual and the kind of questions they may ask. I got % on my permit knowledge test!
I have gone through all the permit practice tests and passed the written test with ease in 15 min and 97% score. If you can go through these tests, there is no chance that you cannot clear the main written test.
I failed the DMV written test the first time I tried, but after studying the tests on this AWESOME site, I passed it with only 3 questions wrong, on my 22nd birthday. This tool ROCKED. Thanks so much!
I took the test today and passed, I literally knew every single question on that test, I looked around thinking to myself, Are they serious?! lol, If you want to pass, these practice tests will help for sure!
Book your driving test
Book your practical driving test for:
- lorries, buses and coaches
- approved driving instructor (ADI) part 2 and 3 tests
If you cannot wear a face covering
When booking, you must say if you cannot wear a face covering during your driving test. You must also give a good reason for this.
Your test will be cancelled if you come for your test without a face covering and you did not say that you could not wear one when you booked it.
If you cannot wear a face covering you may not be able to take your test at the test centre of your choice.
How to say you cannot wear a face covering
When you’re asked if you have any special requirements, select ‘Special learning or educational needs’, even if you cannot wear a face covering for a physical reason. Say that you cannot wear a face covering and give your reason there.
What counts as a good reason
Good reasons are things like:
- having a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability
- wearing it would cause you severe distress
Wearing glasses does not count as a good reason.
This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
You’ll be put in a queue when you start booking your driving test - you’ll be told how long you’ll need to wait once you begin. This is faster than booking by phone because the phone lines are very busy at the moment.
You can book a test up to 24 weeks in the future. There is no waiting list or cancellation list.
Book a test online
This service is available from 6am to pm.
It seems that she liked it, because then the lips were already tenderly closed on the flesh, and then the first attempt to. Skip a member deeper followed. How wet and hot it was, the mouth could hardly open, the neck tensed, I saw how the veins appeared on it. Here I gave the first category. Marina gasped barely audibly and looked at me blankly, but realizing that the sensation was rather pleasant than the other way around, she.
For driving test practice
Suddenly Lena felt that something huge penetrates into her, with each poke deeper - it was a ball that appeared at the base of. The dog's penis. She was in pain, but this pain intersected with boundless pleasure. Finally, the ball penetrated completely into it. But now North could not get out of her and continued to move his dick only inside her broken pussy.3 Serious Faults in 60 Seconds - First Mock Driving Test Fail
Although, his impressions should be the most preposterous, since I washed such parts of myself. Yes, so actively soaps. It's time to wake up your man. 08102008 He obviously won't be able to write today !!.
You will also be interested:
- Ford truck hitch
- Rv door locks walmart
- 5 gallon square fabric pots
- Indochina map
- Samsung crystal 4k tv
- Vizio v505 50 inch
- Pandas plot save
The sphinker ring is tightly closed on his wrist. - Wow, just a hollow. Honey, have you ever seen a guy with a hole like this. Not.